Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerrard agrees new Liverpool deal

2 posters

Go down

Gerrard agrees new Liverpool deal Empty Gerrard agrees new Liverpool deal

Post by Quiver Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:13 am

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has agreed a two-year contract extension that will see him remain at Anfield until 2013.

The 28-year-old is yet to sign the new agreement, but is expected to sign in the next few days.

The news will be a further boost for Liverpool fans after manager Rafael Benitez signed a new five-year deal last month.

"It's a fantastic feeling to have agreed the deal," said Gerrard.

The midfielder signed his first professional deal with Liverpool as a 17-year-old and says he is determined to remain at Anfield until he retires.

"This is what I wanted. I want to see out the rest of my career with Liverpool," the England international told his club's official website.

"I have said all along that as long as the club wanted me, then I would stay at Liverpool.

"I've been a fan all my life and it'll be fantastic at the end of my career to look back and say I have been with Liverpool all the way through.

"The main priority is to be successful and I want to achieve success at the club I love. If we can win more trophies together then I will be really happy."

A delighted Benitez said: "Steven has once again shown his commitment and it was an easy deal to agree. As soon as we offered him the option he said yes.

"There were no problems at all. He wants to stay for life.

"This deal sends out another clear message that we are moving forward as a club. To know we have a player of Steven's quality with us for many more years is a great boost for the club and the fans.

"He is clearly a player who inspires those around him and even though he is playing very well at the moment, I still think his best years are ahead of him."

Gerrard has been instrumental in recent weeks in Liverpool's bid to end their 19-year wait for a league title and is the club's top scorer this season with 22 goals in all competitions.

Liverpool have moved to within a point of Manchester United after an impressive 4-1 victory at Old Trafford last month, which was followed by an equally emphatic win as Gerrard scored a hat-trick in the 5-0 thrashing of Aston Villa at Anfield.

Victory away at Fulham on Saturday would see them move to the top of the Premier League, albeit possibly only for 24 hours as Manchester United host Villa on Sunday.

Benitez signed a new contract himself last month and since then he has been quick to tie down other members of his backroom team.

Assistant boss Sammy Lee and first team coach Mauricio Pellegrino agreed extensions of at least two years, while goalkeeping coach Xavi Valero, fitness coach Paco de Miguel and chief scout Eduardo Macia have also re-signed.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Gerrard agrees new Liverpool deal Empty Re: Gerrard agrees new Liverpool deal

Post by Chelsea FC Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:12 am

Wonderful news for Pool. There favourite son looks like he will play out his career there. Kuyt also agreed to a new deal with Pool.
Chelsea FC
Chelsea FC

Number of posts : 85
Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Chelsea FC Team

Back to top Go down