Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool agree deal with Johnson

2 posters

Go down

Liverpool agree deal with Johnson Empty Liverpool agree deal with Johnson

Post by Chelsea FC Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Liverpool agree terms with Pompey's Johnson

England right-back Glen Johnson is headed to Liverpool after confirmation they have reached an agreement with both the player and his club Portsmouth.

The Reds have been linked with the defender for a number of weeks while Pompey executive chairman Peter Storrie claimed last week Johnson's former club Chelsea were willing to pay £18million for the 24-year-old.

And a statement from the club said: "Liverpool FC confirmed this evening that they had reached an agreement with Portsmouth Football Club and with Glen Johnson for the transfer of the player to Anfield.''

Rafael Benitez has not spoken of his interest in Johnson - many Reds fans would prefer him to reinforce his squad in other areas - but Johnson's impending arrival would seem to suggest Alvaro Arbeloa will be sold to Real Madrid sooner rather than later.

Storrie said last week: "Glen has obviously had a fantastic season season for us and has established himself as one of the best right-backs in the league if not the country at the moment.

"I've known Glen for a long time since his West Ham days so when I re-signed him we talked it over and he asked if one of the big four clubs, who were in the Champions League, came in for him would we stand in his way of a move.

"I said that I couldn't do that provided the deal is good for Portsmouth and for Glen.''

Soccernet

Good signing for Liverpool, but I think they may have paid a little too much for him. But his still a very good player, he should do well at Liverpool.
Chelsea FC
Chelsea FC

Number of posts : 85
Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Chelsea FC Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool agree deal with Johnson Empty Re: Liverpool agree deal with Johnson

Post by Quiver Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:51 am

Well Johnson has improved a lot now, a great RB to have in your team. Has always been good attackingwise, but defensively now he has become strong.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down