Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brede Hangeland signs new Fulham contract

Go down

Brede Hangeland signs new Fulham contract Empty Brede Hangeland signs new Fulham contract

Post by Fabregas04 Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:21 am

Fulham defender Brede Hangeland has signed a new contract that is set to keep him at Craven Cottage until 2013.

Hangeland joined the Londoners in January 2008, but has been linked with big-money moves to Arsenal and Manchester United in recent months.

However, the 28-year-old has pledged his future to the club, saying: "I am delighted and hope that this now ends months of speculation about my future.

"I've always maintained that I am happy at Fulham and committed to the club."

The new three-and-a-half year contract comes on the back of a string of impressive performances following his move from FC Copenhagen for an undisclosed fee, helping Fulham to their highest ever league finish and Europa League qualification last season.

And manager Roy Hodgson believes Hangeland's contract extension is testament to the ambition of the club.

"I am delighted that Brede has been justly rewarded with a new deal and that he has committed his future to Fulham until 2013," said Hodgson, who himself has verbally agreed terms on a new contract at the Cottagers.

"He is an extremely important player for us and a model professional, so we are all very happy that he will be at Fulham for the long term. I would also like to thank the chairman for again showing his dedication to the club he has invested so much in, by offering this new deal.

"We have some very important games coming up and this news will give a boost to everyone here. We now focus on Bolton this weekend and I know the fans will show their appreciation."
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down