Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident

3 posters

Go down

Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident Empty Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident

Post by arsenal27 Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Robin van Persie has issued the following statement following an incident with Emmanuel Adebayor at Saturday's game:

"I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me during today's match.

"We are both professional footballers and I know that the game is physical, I too have made hard and sometimes mis-timed challenges but never with the intention of hurting an opponent. He set out to hurt me today.

"I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made. He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful. He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans.

"I do feel lucky that I have not suffered a greater injury. The contact was only centimetres from my eye. I have not received an apology from him, there were no words exchanged afterwards. He had his own agenda today and that is bad for football. It's bad for the game we all love.

"I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with the result of today's match. We do not hide from that disappointment but I need to speak out about his behaviour."
arsenal27
arsenal27

Male
Pisces
Number of posts : 132

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Zidane, Ronaldhino, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Figo ... the list goes on!

Back to top Go down

Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident Empty Re: Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident

Post by arsenal27 Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:21 pm

He will regret this for sure!

Bad times are on your way adebayor! ahan U and UR FUCKIN TEAM asshole!!!
arsenal27
arsenal27

Male
Pisces
Number of posts : 132

Favorite Players : Zidane, Ronaldhino, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Figo ... the list goes on!

Back to top Go down

Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident Empty Re: Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident

Post by Lord Melchett QaVam Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:32 am

I hope the FA do their job and hand him at least a ban for that disgraceful attack on RVP & his goal celebration
Lord Melchett QaVam
Lord Melchett QaVam

Male
Taurus
Number of posts : 63

Favorite Players : Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp, Theirry Henry, Kolo Toure, Cesc Fabregas, Tomas Rosicky

http://arsenalfansparadise.bravehost.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiver Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:02 pm

I just hope he gets the treatment he deserves from all the fans.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident Empty Manchester City's Emmanuel Adebayor Hit With Suspended Two-Game Ban & £25,000 Fine

Post by Quiver Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has been handed a £25,000 fine and a suspended ban of two games by the FA following his charge for improper conduct.

The charge related to his goal celebration in front of opposition fans during City's victory over Arsenal at Eastlands earlier this month.

City boss Mark Hughes had earlier asserted that he didn't feel the celebration was worthy of any further sanction, following the three-game ban given to Adebayor for violent conduct during the same fixture – Adebayor kicked Gunners striker Robin van Persie in the face during the game.

The player's inciteful celebration triggered a disorderly reaction from the London club's fans in the away end, which was a matter of concern for Greater Manchester Police.

Hughes is now able to select the player for Monday night's eagerly anticipated clash with Aston Villa at Villa Park.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down