Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fulham vs Arsenal | EPL

4 posters

Go down

Fulham vs Arsenal | EPL Empty Fulham vs Arsenal | EPL

Post by Quiver Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 am

Fulham v Arsenal

Barclays Premier League

Saturday, September 26, 2009, 17:30
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Fulham vs Arsenal | EPL Empty Arshavin set to return for Fulham encounter

Post by Quiver Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Arsène Wenger is expecting to welcome back Andrey Arshavin for the trip to Fulham at the weekend.

The Russian has missed the last couple of games with a groin problem but should be available for the Craven Cottage clash.

Manuel Almunia is still out with a chest infection so Vito Mannone or Wojciech Szczesny will take the gloves. Robin van Persie faces a late fitness test but should be OK.

“We have had Arshavin out [since the international break] and we had a problem with Van Persie during the week,” said Wenger. “But Arshavin should be back and Van Persie should be all right too. We have a test tomorrow with him.

“Almunia is still short, still a week away. Normally Mannone [would deputise] but we are 48 hours away from the game.”
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Fulham vs Arsenal | EPL Empty Re: Fulham vs Arsenal | EPL

Post by arsenal27 Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:03 am

Walcott should be back too i guess
arsenal27
arsenal27

Male
Pisces
Number of posts : 132

Favorite Players : Zidane, Ronaldhino, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Figo ... the list goes on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiver Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:06 am

I think he would come on as a sub.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiver Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:39 pm

A good win for us. Keeping a clean sheet was essential & IMO that credit goes to Vito for sure. MoM for this game according to me.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Melchett QaVam Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Manone did well today, but we were lucky to win, as our defence & midfield were not playing well today.
Lord Melchett QaVam
Lord Melchett QaVam

Male
Taurus
Number of posts : 63

Favorite Players : Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp, Theirry Henry, Kolo Toure, Cesc Fabregas, Tomas Rosicky

http://arsenalfansparadise.bravehost.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiver Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:34 am

The worst player on the pitch for us was diaby, kept giving the ball away. Song did his job pretty well & so did fabregas.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Fulham vs Arsenal | EPL Empty 'Mannone's performance was 10 out of 10'

Post by Fabregas04 Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:06 am

On a tough match at Fulham...
"The three points are the most important thing because we played against a very good Fulham side today. I believe we had problems in the first half, especially to find our game. They stopped us from playing, they played a very good game today - committed, aggressive, well organised. You needed to be special to come out with three points.

"In the second half we had plenty of opportunities but we took one of them very well after a very good pass from Cesc Fabregas to Robin Van Persie. After that we had many opportunities to score a second goal. We were more dominant in the second half but Fulham always looked dangerous on set pieces, on the counter attack and they did try down to the last second."

On Vito Mannone...
"I believe we will give him 10 out of 10 because everything he did was right. For a goalkeeper that is most important. He stopped everything he had to stop, didn't make any wrong decisions and overall he has shown he has the potential to be a very good goalkeeper.

"He is goalkeeper No 3 but goalkeeper No 4 is exceptional as well. I believe Wojciech is quality and he has shown that against West Brom and I gave Mannone the advantage because he's three or four years older and has more experience.

"Until the next game he is No 1. In this job you have to go from game to game. He has played a fantastic game today and the consistency is the first sign of quality.

"He kept us in the game in some unbelievable situations. You say that keeper sometimes look unbeatable. Today he looked like he could make the save needed every time."

On his character....

"He comes from Italy that means he is a lover of the game. He is a quiet boy but he has outstanding physical qualities and fantastic reflexes. You saw that today. He deeply wants to improve every day. He is passionate about the game."

On the fitness of the other keepers...
"Almunia will not be fit for Tuesday. Fabianski will not be fit until October 17 at the earliest."

On the Carling Cup draw...
"It doesn't change my approach. I always try and play a team who has a good chance of winning. We are happy to be playing at home, of course, today I is very difficult to predict who we will play because next week is an international break and the Carling Cup game is between two Champions League games. We will have to see who is available."

On ‘winning ugly'
"It is good for us to know that you can win that way. People always want us to play well and dominate but when we do not win they are not happy too. Today I am happy. We had a difficult first half and we only found our game in the second. But I give a lot of credit to Fulham they played very well."

On Fulham...
"Fulham always play a fantastic game against us from first minute to last. You could not see one player who did not tackle and fight. They tried everything. We would not have gone away with three points if we had not shown attitude and spirit."

On the future...
"I am very optimistic about the team. From what I have seen there is something about the team that shows we can go from strength to strength."
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down