Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pennant signs for Real Zaragoza

Go down

Pennant signs for Real Zaragoza Empty Pennant signs for Real Zaragoza

Post by Quiver Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:20 am

Winger Jermaine Pennant has joined Spanish club Real Zaragoza after being released by Liverpool.

The 26-year-old signed a three-year deal following a medical, becoming the Spanish club's first summer signing.

"I wanted to come to Spain and I had offers from important teams in Europe, but joined Real Zaragoza," Pennant told the Primera Liga club's website.

"I really want to get started and do well in the league," added Pennant, who went on loan to Portsmouth last season.

The former England Under-21 winger, who played just four times for Liverpool last season, impressed for the Reds in the 2007 Champions League final defeat by AC Milan but found opportunities increasingly limited from then on.

Pennant began his career with Notts County and made headlines when Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger paid £2m for him as a 15-year-old in 1999.

But he failed to live up to expectations at the Gunners, and was loaned out to Watford, Leeds and Birmingham before joining the Blues in a £3m deal in 2005.

He moved to Liverpool in 2006 for a fee of £6.7m, and made 81 appearances for the club.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down