Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toure set to leave Arsenal?

3 posters

Go down

Toure set to leave Arsenal? Empty Toure set to leave Arsenal?

Post by Chelsea FC Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:12 am

Defender Toure fails to commit future to Arsenal

Kolo Toure has refused to commit his long-term future to Arsenal, fuelling rumours he is set for a summer exit.

The Ivorian reportedly handed in a transfer request during the January transfer window after becoming disillusioned with life at Emirates Stadium. He was strongly linked with a move to Manchester City, with the Blues keen to put their new-found wealth to good use.

Toure has since admitted that he does not get on with defensive partner William Gallas, and has openly stated his frustration at Arsenal's failings this term.

He insists that he is happy to remain with the Gunners for now, but admits anything could happen over the summer.

Speaking in The Sunday Express, Toure said: "In football you never know. I cannot say something today and then change it another day. I am quite happy at the moment playing and doing my best for the team. That's what is most important for me."

Toure has also made it clear that a club the size of Arsenal cannot afford to go another season without claiming a piece of silverware - with their last success coming back in 2005.

"We want to win something every year but at the moment we aren't able to do that - so we are not very happy," he added.

"The last time I won a trophy it was a great, great time for Arsenal. Those glory days can return soon, definitely. But we have to win at least one thing at the end of this season."

Would be a massive loss for Arsenal, I just hope he doesn't go to Man City.
Chelsea FC
Chelsea FC

Number of posts : 85
Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Chelsea FC Team

Back to top Go down

Toure set to leave Arsenal? Empty Re: Toure set to leave Arsenal?

Post by Quiver Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:39 am

Its a matter of time he signs it. He had in between said, that he wants to commit his future to the club after the rumours had arised during the transfer window.

Hope he does sign a contract, one of the most consistent performers for Arsenal.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by overmars Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:40 pm

it would be a big blow for us if he leaves, one of our most consistent and experienced defenders, we would have to spend big to get a good replacement
overmars
overmars

Male
Taurus
Number of posts : 12

Favorite Players : Thierry Henry, Francesc Fabregas, Andrei Arshavin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down