Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James fears player exit at Pompey

Go down

James fears player exit at Pompey Empty James fears player exit at Pompey

Post by Fabregas04 Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:33 pm

Portsmouth goalkeeper David James says he is worried players may leave Fratton Park in January for financial reasons.

Former boss Harry Redknapp said things were financially "a bit tight" before he left to take over at Spurs recently.

"I would imagine that if any players left, it would be down to financial reasons and nothing else," said James.

"I'm hoping everything stays as it is. We have some great players and I don't know of any who want to leave just because Harry's gone."

James's career was revived under Redknapp, and he regained his England place.

The former West Ham goalkeeper said he had no plans to leave Portsmouth, and he was optimistic about the team's prospects under new manager Tony Adams.

"Although Harry has left nothing has changed as far as I'm concerned regarding my future at the club," he said.

"I'm very confident for the future with the players we've got here.

"If we had lost half of the players when Harry left, then things might be slightly different. But we haven't lost any players and I'm confident we'll continue to do well."
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down