Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I'll spend the right money on my defence'

Go down

Official Transfer 'I'll spend the right money on my defence'

Post by enigma Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Arsène Wenger insists he will spend the "right money" to strengthen his back four this summer.

The Frenchman has already supplemented his squad with the signing of Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh but he is expected to enter the market again for defensive reinforcements after admitting that Arsenal conceded too many goals to win the Premier League title last season.

Wenger's transfer activity will be influenced by the futures of centre-back trio William Gallas, Sol Campbell and Mikael Silvestre - all are out of contract this summer - and the manager is ready to spend.

"The basic improvements that have to be made is defensive and with spending the right money," said Wenger, speaking on the Arsenal Season Review DVD.

"The right money is not necessarily quantity because you never know how much people want for the players you want.

"But what I mean by the right money is that we will not be scared to spend if needed."
enigma
enigma

Male
Aries
Number of posts : 114

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://twitter.com/rinesh

Back to top Go down