Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks for your fantastic Support

3 posters

Go down

Official Transfer Thanks for your fantastic Support

Post by enigma Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks for your fantastic Support Gun__1222079103_header

Wenger: Thanks for your fantastic support
Dear Arsenal Supporters,

It was important for us to finish well on Sunday. We did that and we didn't need to worry about the Tottenham result.

I am very happy that after the World Cup we don't have to play a qualifier for the Champions League because it is a very sensitive game and those ties are getting hard every year.

For us if you look at the season as a whole we have exceeded many people's expectations. But of course we are still frustrated because one month ago we were in touch with the title but we didn't win it.

Overall we showed a good attitude and strong character - the team has improved a lot on that front. But we conceded too many goals to win the title. We did not have the players available in the last six weeks to fight for the championship and I believe that when you go into the final sprint you need your squad available.

When you have six players not available in the last six games and in the Champions League Quarter-Final you can get away with it for one or two games but it does not work on a longer basis. It's a shame because we went out of the Champions League to the holders and we were beaten by Chelsea and Manchester United who have strong squads. We were just a fraction short.

The fans did not react well to Lukasz Fabianski at the start of the Fulham game but that is part of the learning process for him. You want the fans to be positive but I feel he has enough quality to be an exceptional keeper - he responded well and had a quality game.

It is not easy to play at such a young age under such pressure. In the last three weeks he has made progress and I believe he has huge potential.

We want to improve our quality this summer. It is not necessarily a large number of players that we need to buy but I believe you don't win the title when you concede 40 goals. Leave the transfer business to me and when you come back in July for the Emirates Cup you will see.

Thanks for your fantastic support this season and have a great summer. The Manager's E-mail will return at the start of the 2010/11 season.

Thanks for your fantastic Support Gun__1224665749_signature

Arsène Wenger
enigma
enigma

Male
Aries
Number of posts : 114

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://twitter.com/rinesh

Back to top Go down

Official Transfer Re: Thanks for your fantastic Support

Post by Quiver Mon May 10, 2010 11:11 am

I am glad he realises we lost because of a weak squad.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Melchett QaVam Mon May 10, 2010 1:26 pm

I hope he spends some cash this summer and improves the squad.
Lord Melchett QaVam
Lord Melchett QaVam

Male
Taurus
Number of posts : 63

Favorite Players : Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp, Theirry Henry, Kolo Toure, Cesc Fabregas, Tomas Rosicky

http://arsenalfansparadise.bravehost.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down