Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL

Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL Empty Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL

Post by Quiver Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 am

Liverpool v Arsenal

Barclays Premier League

Sunday, December 13, 2009, 16:00
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL Empty Walcott - I'll be fit for Liverpool clash

Post by Quiver Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:03 am

Theo Walcott says he will be fit for Sunday's trip to Liverpool despite receiving a knock to his foot in stoppage time of the defeat to Olympiacos.

The striker has suffered from a string of injury problems this season, restricting him to just two starts and four substitute appearances for the Gunners.

Walcott needed medical treatment at the end of the Champions League match in Athens on Wednesday night but has eased fans' fears ahead of the trip to Merseyside on Sunday.

"I am fine," he said. "I just took a whack and the boots are so thin these days you can feel it.

"I slowed down so I could get some treatment, but I will be fine for the weekend."

The 20-year-old was delighted to play 90 minutes for the first time this season but says he still needs to find his form.

"It was good for me to get a start and blow the cobwebs away and hopefully build up for the weekend," said the England international.

"It has been a long time since I had 90 minutes.

"The main thing was to battle through and be all right for the weekend and hopefully play some part in helping the team get a result.

"[Form] doesn't come back straight away. I think a couple of games and I will be there.

"Fitness-wise I feel fine. It is just getting my touch back. In the final third I don't think it has been right."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL Empty Re: Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL

Post by Quiver Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 am

Brilliant comeback in the 2nd half. Great going you Gunners !
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL Empty Walcott - The boss applauded us afterwards

Post by Quiver Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:08 pm

While Arsène Wenger was reportedly angry with his side at half-time against Liverpool on Sunday, the manager showed his pleasure when he saw them again at full time.

In a post-match interview Cesc Fabregas said that the Frenchman had vented his anger at the break after his side had conceded a Dirk Kuyt goal four minutes before the whistle. However, according to Theo Walcott, Wenger applauded them once they got back to the dressing room at full time.

"None of us were happy with the first half," said the England international. "We were 1-0 down and hadn't played well. We like to keep things in the dressing room to ourselves but the boss just showed his passion for the game and that he has belief in us.

"It woke us up and that's what you have got to do as a manager. It worked.

"So coming in at the end of the game and getting a round of applause from the boss showed that we listened to him. All the players were bubbling as you would with a 2-1 win at Anfield. It was great to see.

"The boss is always happy every time we win a game and these big games are the most important ones in the season.

"Now we have got to build on this and look forward to Wednesday at Burnley."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL Empty Re: Liverpool v Arsenal | EPL