Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomas Rosicky ruled out 'for a while' with groin injury

Go down

Tomas Rosicky ruled out 'for a while' with groin injury Empty Tomas Rosicky ruled out 'for a while' with groin injury

Post by Quiver Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:13 am

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed that midfielder Tomas Rosicky faces another lay-off after he suffered an injury in the 2-0 win over Stoke.

Czech international Rosicky, 29, has endured a torrid time with injuries and only made his comeback in September after 20 months out of action.

Rosicky was substituted at half-time of Arsenal's win and Wenger confirmed the midfielder could be out for a month.

"He's devastated and I am as well," said Wenger.

"Before the match I told myself 'he has played the whole game on Wednesday, should I take the gamble or not as it was such an important game?'.

"But by half-time he was struggling."

Wenger also saw Emmanuel Eboue and defenders Armand Traore and William Gallas pick up injuries during the match.

Eboue left the field nine minutes into the second half and Traore came off with just two minutes of normal time to go.

Wenger said: "We're hopeful that Eboue, Gallas and Armand Traore are not too serious."

The latest casualties add to a growing injury list at Arsenal that also includes striker Eduardo da Silva, who was not fit enough to be in the squad to face Stoke.

However, Wenger feels the the Croatia international will shrug off the thigh problem to return next week.

The Gunners are already without Robin van Persie (ankle), Nicklas Bendtner (groin), Gael Clichy (back), Theo Walcott (hamstring), Abou Diaby (calf), Kieran Gibbs (ankle) and Johan Djourou (knee).

"We pick up more injuries than the other big teams, that is true," added Wenger.

"You cannot say there is not a reason for it but we have not found it yet.

"It's the worst season for injuries for us. And they are all in the same area - in the offensive side. Last year it was in the defensive side."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down