Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeper badly hurt in bike smash

Go down

Keeper badly hurt in bike smash Empty Keeper badly hurt in bike smash

Post by Quiver Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:55 am

Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has suffered "potentially life-changing injuries" in a motorbike accident in east London, police said.

He was taken to hospital after his BMW bike was involved in a collision with a car in Walthamstow at about 1030 GMT.

He has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis but a spokesman for the north London club said they were still waiting for hospital test results.

The Italian, 36, signed from London rivals Chelsea in January this year.

The female driver and a child passenger walked away from the Ford Fiesta Cudicini was in collision with and did not need hospital treatment.

No arrests

The accident happened on Forest Road.

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "A 36-year-old male suffered injuries described by the London Ambulance Service as possibly life-changing and was taken to an east London hospital for further assessment and treatment.

"No arrests have been made."

A statement on Tottenham's website said: "Carlo Cudicini has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis after being involved in a road accident this morning.

Free transfer

"The 36-year-old Italian goalkeeper has been admitted to hospital and undergone scans under the supervision of club medical staff.

"The club will update supporters on Carlo as soon as there is any further information."

Cudicini was signed by manager Harry Redknapp on a free transfer and has made eight appearances standing in for the injured Heurelho Gomes.

He spent almost 10 years at Chelsea, making more than 200 appearances after signing for the west London club from Italian side Castel di Sangro, following earlier brief spells at AC Milan and Lazio.

His father Fabio was AC Milan's goalkeeper in the 1960s.

A statement on Chelsea's website read: "Chelsea Football Club sends our best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to Carlo Cudicini who has been involved in a road accident today."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Keeper badly hurt in bike smash Empty Cudicini 'to miss rest of season'

Post by Quiver Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Tottenham goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has left hospital after undergoing wrist and pelvic surgery, but is unlikely to play again this season.

The 36-year-old Italian fractured both his wrists and injured his pelvis in a motorcycle accident.

"I think he will be out for the rest of the season," said boss Harry Redknapp.

"I've never thought about letting a player ride a bike. I didn't even know he had one. We don't let them do it. I'm sure he won't be riding it again."

A Spurs statement said Cudicini was already mobile with the assistance of crutches.

"The current position is that the operations went very well and I am already moving my wrist," Cudicini told the club's website.

"Regarding the pelvis, [the surgeon] would like to check on me every month and at the end of 11 weeks I'll be able to move without the crutches and free to begin my preparations."

After the accident police described his injuries as "potentially life-changing" but Redknapp said they were "relieved that the injuries that he sustained in the accident weren't more serious".

Cudicini was signed by manager Redknapp on a free transfer from Chelsea in January 2009 and has made eight appearances standing in for the injured Heurelho Gomes this season.

He spent almost 10 years at Chelsea, making more than 200 appearances after signing for the west London club from Italian side Castel di Sangro, following brief spells at AC Milan and Lazio. His father Fabio was AC Milan's goalkeeper in the 1960s.

During his latter years at Chelsea, Cudicini played understudy to Peter Cech who has visited the Italian in hospital.

"I've received many emails and cards from team mates, Tottenham and Chelsea fans, people who work at both clubs and from people who don't support Tottenham or Chelsea," added Cudicini.

"All in all it has been a touching reaction from people who support football in general. I want to thank everybody because, for sure, it has made me feel much, much better."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down