Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kompany signs new Man City deal

Go down

Kompany signs new Man City deal Empty Kompany signs new Man City deal

Post by Fabregas04 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:26 am

Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany has signed a new five-year deal with the Premier League club that will keep him at Eastlands until 2014.

Kompany, 23, was signed from German side Hamburg in August 2008.

The Belgium international missed the start of the season after having foot surgery for a toe problem and made his return to first-team action on Sunday.

"Vincent is a model professional who has proved his worth in a variety of positions," said City boss Mark Hughes.

Kompany played in both midfield and defence last season and made 45 appearances for the Premier League club, scoring once.

He also captained the side and Hughes is in no doubt that Kompany will further aid City's assault on the top four supremacy of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

"He has been desperate to get back into action and in fact we have had to hold him back a little since his operation in the summer, such was his desire to return to action," said Hughes.

"But that is the kind of lad that he is. He is still only 23-years-old but is so mature in his outlook; that is why I made him captain last season on occasions.

"He wants to improve, he is ambitious and he is desperate for success. He was one of our most reliable performers last season and it is great that we have been able to secure his services for the next five years.

"It is another sign of our commitment to young talent. Vincent is a big part of our future."

Kompany had been linked with a move away from Eastlands, with Barcelona one of the clubs reportedly interested in the 23-year-old, but he is pleased that speculation about a move away can now be ended.

"In the end you just don't pay attention to the speculation. City's ambitions are my ambitions and I want to be one of the main players in a very big team," said Kompany.

"I am happy to be here, the fans are incredible so why would I want to go elsewhere."
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down