Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wenger - Why I will never quit football

Go down

Wenger - Why I will never quit football Empty Wenger - Why I will never quit football

Post by Fabregas04 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:20 am

Arsène Wenger wants to work in football for the rest of his life.

The Arsenal boss reaches the grand old age of 60 on Thursday but has no intention of quitting work.

“No, I'd never want to [stop],” he said ahead of the game against AZ Alkmaar. “As long as I have health, I would want to work as long as I live but I will adapt it to my potential.

“It doesn't always need to be physical work, it can be more intellectual. You cannot be 75 and on the pitch, although someone like Giovanni Trapattoni has done well.”

Wenger recently became Arsenal’s longest-serving manager. His 13 years in charge have been laden with trophies and illuminated by the finest football the Club has seen. However, he knows his age will influence how much he carries on.

“I don’t know,” replied Wenger when asked if he’d be here in five years. “From now on, I have to assess every two years because this job and the way I work is hands-on. There is not a lot to delegate so it is hard work.”
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down