Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day

3 posters

Go down

Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day Empty Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day

Post by Quiver Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Barcelona striker Thierry Henry is convinced that one day he will return to Arsenal, the club where he made his name, though he is uncertain as to just what his role at the Emirates might be.

"I'd maybe watch a game or something like that. I really don't know. I'm trying to finish what I started 15 years ago," he told Sky Sports News.

"I've always said you go back to where you belong. I've never stopped saying that I love Arsenal and I'll one day go back there. How? I don't know – maybe a waterboy!

"I just love the club and one day I'll go back. [But] I'm not thinking about it right now."

Henry also had generous praise for Arsene Wenger, who today became the club's longest-serving manager, with 13 years in charge of the Gunners. It was Wenger who who turned Henry from a winger into an out-and-out striker.

"Arsene has been tremendous for Arsenal football club. He's done tremendously well," the Barcelona forward added.

"I'll never forget the club or him. He's been at Arsenal for 13 years. What a tremendous achievement. I don't see Arsenal without Arsene Wenger.

"I couldn't see Arsenal leaving Highbury, but it happened. I hope it will never happen for Arsene.

"He's the type of guy that you'd always associate with Arsenal, like Tony Adams, Ian Wright, Patrick Vieira and Bob Wilson.

"Arsenal was well-known for being a boring team and he's changed that as soon as he arrived with the style of play and trophies we won.

"He didn't have to convince me too much to come to play for Arsenal because that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to play for Arsenal, full-stop.

"I won't lie, it also helped that he was there. The best advice he gave me was, 'try to stop blaming others and try to see what you can do to help others'.

"He knew me from Monaco's youth-team. He saw me playing as a centre-forward. He couldn't understand why I was playing as a winger.

"I was already in the France squad and doing my thing on the left, he said to me, 'I don't want you playing on the left, you're wasting your time and you have to play through the middle'.

"He's the type of guy that makes you realise that you can do anything you want. Whenever a player comes to play for Arsenal they suddenly become better. I don't know why or how?

"He will let you do what you have to do, when he knows that it is the time to let you play – and on another side when he has to talk with you and be honest, he will always do it.

"The most important thing is it is a pleasure to play under him and to train with him because he wants his team to play football. He's a great human being on top of everything."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day Empty Re: Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day

Post by arsenal27 Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:35 am

A True Arsenal Legend.
Hats off 2 U.
arsenal27
arsenal27

Male
Pisces
Number of posts : 132

Country : Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day 2ivd8vm
Favorite Players : Zidane, Ronaldhino, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Figo ... the list goes on!

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day Empty Re: Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day

Post by Quiver Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:39 am

I truly cannot respect him the way i did earlier. Not for the reason that he left for Barcelona to win the champions league. More for the reason of him first telling the fans, that he ain't going anywhere & so much he loves the club & within a week he signed for barcelona. That was an act of deceiving the fans all over the world.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenal27 Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:49 am

True. But i forgive him. I have tears in my eyes when I see him playing. I have a feeling that he is never going to be happy anywhere else other than Arsenal Football Club...
arsenal27
arsenal27

Male
Pisces
Number of posts : 132

Country : Thierry Henry: I Will Return To Arsenal One Day 2ivd8vm
Favorite Players : Zidane, Ronaldhino, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Figo ... the list goes on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiver Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:45 am

Fair enough. I would like to see him as a manager some day if Arsene decided to call it quits, but as a player i really don't know.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Winkley Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Henry started out as my favorite player of all. It would be nice to see him again on the field :]
Winkley
Winkley

Male
Aries
Number of posts : 7

Favorite Players : Robin van Persie
Emmanuel Adebayor
Cesc Fabregas
Samir Nasri
Gael Glichy
Tomas Rosicky
Emmanuel Eboue
Thierry Hnery

http://fujiplanet.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down