Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea suffer Drogba injury blow

Go down

Chelsea suffer Drogba injury blow Empty Chelsea suffer Drogba injury blow

Post by Fabregas04 Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba suffered suspected knee ligament damage in their Champions League goalless draw with Romanian side CFR Cluj on Wednesday.

Drogba, who has just returned from a knee injury, left the stadium on crutches with his right leg in a brace.

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari also said John Terry and Alex suffered knocks in the game.

But he said Ashley Cole will be fit for the weekend after missing the game against Cluj with a back problem.

Chelsea are already missing injury victims Joe Cole, Deco, Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho.

Scolari said: "I don't know now what the possibilities I have for Sunday are, maybe after tomorrow I have a chance to say something more.

"I didn't see the challenge on Drogba. Injuries come in training and on the pitch. This is normal for players."

The Brazilian coach was not too disappointed with the result against a side making their debut in the group stages of the Champions League.

"We didn't play well, but one point is better than zero points," he added.

"They beat Roma, they are confident, they're playing at home and they wanted to show to the people they are very good.

"Cluj were confident, they wanted to prove something. Maybe they will have a problem in their next game because they ran for 95 minutes."

"We knew this and we prepared but we missed one or two times in front of goal.

"But in the end I am happy with one point because Didier is out, Terry for 15 minutes played with problems, Alex played 15 minutes with problems."
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Chelsea suffer Drogba injury blow Empty Re: Chelsea suffer Drogba injury blow

Post by Fabregas04 Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:55 am

It is confirmed that drogba is out for six weeks.
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down