Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal

3 posters

Go down

Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal Empty Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal

Post by Quiver Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Aliaksandr Hleb has expressed his regret at his decision to leave Arsenal after he failed to impose himself on the first-team at Spanish giants Barcelona.

Hleb joined the Gunners from German outfit Stuttgart in 2005 and became a mainstay in the north London club's starting XI.

The Belarusian struggled at the Camp Nou, where he signing in 2008, and has now returned to Stuttgart on a season-long loan deal. However, he has admitted that leaving England was a move he looks back on with remorse.

"Of course I regret leaving Arsenal," Hleb told ESPN.

"I was playing every week for one of the most exciting sides in Europe, a team that was always in the top-four in the Premier League and were Champions League contenders.

"Also, I was being guided by one of the best coaches in the world in Arsene Wenger. I owe him a great deal.

"I developed a better all-round game under him and I became more robust physically, learnt to look up more and play better passes and generally improved greatly as a team player. No player ever gets worse under Wenger.

"For me, leaving Arsenal was not a good move."

Hleb went on to explain his reasons for having to leave Barca, citing a lack of first-team opportunities as the main cause of his departure for Germany.

"Barca were my dream club as a kid, but I couldn't continue with them if the chance to play was not coming," he lamented.

"I'm 28 and who knows how much time I've left in the game. I needed to move on, and the chance to go back to a place that I feel happy in was the best solution."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal Empty Re: Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal

Post by arsenal27 Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Poor thing...well i hope this opens the eyes of your present youngsters... There is no other happy place than Arsenal under Arsene Wenger... [Smile]
arsenal27
arsenal27

Male
Pisces
Number of posts : 132

Country : Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal 2ivd8vm
Favorite Players : Zidane, Ronaldhino, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Figo ... the list goes on!

Back to top Go down

Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal Empty Re: Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal

Post by Lord Melchett QaVam Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:40 pm

You'd think by now they'd realise that the grass is very rarely greener on the other side.
Lord Melchett QaVam
Lord Melchett QaVam

Male
Taurus
Number of posts : 63

Country : Stuttgart’s Aliaksandr Hleb: I Regret Leaving Arsenal 2ivd8vm
Favorite Players : Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp, Theirry Henry, Kolo Toure, Cesc Fabregas, Tomas Rosicky

http://arsenalfansparadise.bravehost.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiver Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Its a come & get me plea. :p
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down