Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal deserve better fans!!!

2 posters

Go down

Arsenal deserve better fans!!! Empty Arsenal deserve better fans!!!

Post by enigma Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 am

Arsenal deserve better fans!!! Stadium_empty_seat

Arsenal’s performance against Fulham was shocking, but let me tell you about their fans. When a team needs a 12th man, where are they? The Emirates Stadium was so quiet that even 200 visiting supporters could have been noisier than the 59,800 spectators.

Because this stadium looks, unfortunately, full of spectators, not of fans. And every time I see empty seats in the 40th and in the 85th minute, I feel so sorry for the players. They need more support to move mountains, don’t they?

Some spectators look happy to pay £60 to have the right to drink a lager in the stadium, instead of watching a football game and encouraging their favourite team

The Gunners were desperate for three points against Fulham after conceding three consecutive Premier League draws.

And they really needed the maximum support to push them, to make them put their bodies on the line and play the game of their lives.

But instead of that, the stadium looked half empty during stoppage time, when Wenger’s men were trying to score a last-ditch winning goal.

As far as I am concerned, I will never leave a stadium before the final whistle because if you do so, you can miss the greatest goal of all time.

-“You were at the game mate? You’re so lucky, that goal was absolutely amazing, the best ever!
-“Well, in fact I was already outside..."

How embarrassing is that? Queuing for the tube is part of a supporters’ life, and even of the folklore. I am not saying that noisy fans score goals. But I deeply believe that they bring something extra.

And at present time, I reckon that Arsenal need something extra. The Emirates Stadium is not a posh pub. It is the home of a Premier League team that needs their fans to turn their fortunes around.

Next time you go there, think twice about the way you live the game...as a spectator, or as a fan?

- Laurent Picard
enigma
enigma

Male
Aries
Number of posts : 114

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://twitter.com/rinesh

Back to top Go down

Arsenal deserve better fans!!! Empty Re: Arsenal deserve better fans!!!

Post by Quiver Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 pm

True, lets get behind the gunners. Its the time when they need our support & backing.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down