Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronaldo unveiled by Corinthians

Go down

Ronaldo unveiled by Corinthians Empty Ronaldo unveiled by Corinthians

Post by Quiver Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Former Brazil striker Ronaldo has been unveiled by Sao Paulo-based outfit Corinthians as the club's new signing.

The 32-year-old, who left AC Milan last June, has fought back from a serious knee injury, making his comeback in a charity match in Morocco last month.

Revealing he might play "soon", Ronaldo also admitted he faced a "major challenge" to return to full fitness.

"I'll have to show it on the field," he said. "Off the field it is only words, but football is proven on the field."

The Brazilian has agreed a one-year contract with the club who have won promotion back to the first division.

Reports suggest the three-time world player of the year will earn a monthly salary of about £113,722.

But he said: "I'm just a player like all the rest here and I have the same rights, and the same obligations, as everyone else. I won't have any privileges."

It will be the first time Ronaldo has played for a Brazilian club since leaving Cruzeiro at the age of 17 to join PSV Eindhoven.

"I love football - I've been a professional since I was 15. But I only played one year in Brazil. I've missed my country and family a lot," he said.

The striker spent nine months on the sidelines after rupturing a tendon in his left knee while playing for AC Milan in February.

His contract with Milan expired on 30 June and he was training with Brazilian outfit Flamengo in an effort to return to full fitness.

The former Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter Milan striker recently turned down an offer to join Italian side Siena.

Marcio Gobbi, vice president of Corinthians, rejected accusations that the club had signed Ronaldo for marketing rather than footballing reasons.

"Ronaldo isn't here for marketing, he is here to play," he said. "Brazilian football deserves the return of the best player of recent times."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down