Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v FC Dynamo Kyiv | UCL

2 posters

Go down

Arsenal v FC Dynamo Kyiv | UCL Empty Arsenal v FC Dynamo Kyiv | UCL

Post by Quiver Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v FC Dynamo Kyiv | UCL Empty Re: Arsenal v FC Dynamo Kyiv | UCL

Post by Quiver Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:39 pm

Glad, we could churn out a win out of this game. cheers
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by enigma Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:42 pm

What would you call this???

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hailed the performance of William Gallas in today's UEFA Champions League victory over Dynamo Kiev.

French defender Gallas returned to the Gunners first XI after being stripped of the club's captaincy and axed from Wenger's squad for Saturday's Premier League defeat at Manchester City.

The punishments came as a result of Gallas' recent public criticism of his team-mates, but Wenger reinstated the former Chelsea player to his first XI on Tuesday and was delighted with the 31-year-old's approach.

"I believe his focus was great," said Wenger of Gallas.

"He wanted to do well and you could see he was completely committed in the game. Overall, I feel he did well."

Wenger was also pleased to see Gallas avoid the wrath of the Emirates Stadium boo-boys.

"The crowd responded well," he added. "Somewhere, they acknowledge that he was a committed captain and I was very happy that the crowd reacted in this way to him."

Wenger was pleased to see his side - who have booked a place in the last 16 of Europe - return to winning ways following successive domestic defeats to Aston Villa and City.

"This is the first step for us," Wenger said, after substitute Nicklas Bendtner stuck in the 87th minute to secure the points.

"It was what the team needs, reassurance, and this will give us that.

"We left it late. It was more a steady than spectacular performance, but it was important to win the game."

Wenger was also happy with Cesc Fabregas, who has been appointed as successor to Gallas.

"He was very good for me," he continued. "Focused for 90 minutes in the game, worked hard defensively and offensively.

"It was not easy in midfield because they closed us down very well. I expected them to go up a little bit in the second half, but they didn't."
enigma
enigma

Male
Aries
Number of posts : 114

http://twitter.com/rinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content