Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Six Months Out For Essien

Go down

Another Six Months Out For Essien Empty Another Six Months Out For Essien

Post by Fabregas04 Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Chelsea's Michael Essien has received some disappointing news about his knee injury.

Luiz Felipe Scolari fully expected midfielder Michael Essien to be back in first team action by January. However, it is now looking likely that the player faces up to another six months on the sidelines.

The Ghana star sustained anterior cruciate ligament damage during a World Cup qualifier against Libya in September after landing awkwardly on his knee and has not played since.

"It's difficult for the moment to fix a date for my return," Essien said, "but I know that my recovery period will last a total of four to six months."

He is currently undergoing treatment in France, at the Centre Technique National Fernand-Sastre (CTNFS) in Clairefontaine, but is set to return to London next week.

"The surgeon who operated on me who recommended to me to come to Clairefontaine as it's the first time in my career that I have been so seriously injured," the player added.

"It's actually the third time I've come to the CTNFS. I'm very well looked after and the club doctor and physiotherapist have visited me.

"I will return to London but it's possible that I'll then come back to Clairefontaine.

"So far at the moment I'm not thinking about it much. I'm following the treatment calmly. Everything's going well."

With Chelsea crushing Sunderland 5-0 today, he may find it harder to win his place back in the side than he expects.
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down