Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benitez: Reds won't sign Silva

2 posters

Go down

Benitez: Reds won't sign Silva Empty Benitez: Reds won't sign Silva

Post by Chelsea FC Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:56 pm

TRANSFER NEWS
Benitez says Liverpool won't be signing Silva

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has dismissed speculation linking him with a summer move for Spain star David Silva.

Reports this week have suggested the Premier League title hopefuls are preparing a bid for the highly-rated playmaker, whose current employers, Valencia, are struggling under the weight of their massive debt.

Silva, 23, who can operate as a winger, attacking midfielder or second striker appears certain to depart the Spanish club this summer.

But it will not be to join the Reds, according to Benitez, who revealed he is not among the list of close-season targets being prepared by the Anfield hierarchy.

"We will not be signing him," he said. "We are working hard, talking with the scouting department and looking at names and options for next season. It's still too soon (to identify definite targets), but we are working hard."

Following a miraculous fortnight for the Merseysiders, Liverpool could go top of the Premier League in eight days' time if they manage to avoid defeat at Fulham.

But Benitez has called for focus from players and supporters, who would be forgiven for dreaming of a first title in 19 years after the recent thrashings of Manchester United and Aston Villa, plus the Champions League annihilation of Real Madrid.

"Football can change very quickly and that is why we say it is important to just take one game at a time," he told the club website.

"Everything can change each week and maybe next week we can be at the top again.

"My message to the fans is to keep calm. I can see the people have a lot of confidence at the moment and that is good. We have to stay positive and see what happens."

Meanwhile, five members of Liverpool's backroom staff have followed Benitez in committing their long-term futures to the club.

Nine days ago, Benitez signed until 2014 following weeks of speculation over his demands and vision for the best way forward after a couple of turbulent seasons on Merseyside.

The Spaniard's lead has now been followed by assistant manager Sammy Lee, first-team coach Mauricio Pellegrino, goalkeeping coach Xavi Valero, fitness coach Paco de Miguel and chief scout Eduardo Macia - all of whom have agreed contract extensions of at least two years.

"I said when I signed my own deal recently that it was a priority to sort out the future of the technical staff," said Benitez. "We work extremely well as a team, and continuity is essential if we are to build on the progress we have made this season and move the club further forward.

"I'm delighted we have been able to sort out the contracts."

Soccernet.
Chelsea FC
Chelsea FC

Number of posts : 85
Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Chelsea FC Team

Back to top Go down

Benitez: Reds won't sign Silva Empty Re: Benitez: Reds won't sign Silva

Post by Fabregas04 Fri May 01, 2009 2:50 am

He would be a great addition to their squad.
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down