Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramos lands Real job

Go down

Ramos lands Real job Empty Ramos lands Real job

Post by Quiver Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:10 pm

Real Madrid have confirmed coach Bernd Schuster has been sacked and replaced by former Tottenham boss Juande Ramos.

A press conference had been called for 2.30pm local time, with Ramos named as Madrid's new coach in time to take training later on Tuesday.

Schuster's statement that Los Merengues had no chance of winning at Barcelona on Saturday did not go down well with the Bernabeu hierarchy and led to a clamour for him to go.

Madrid director of sport, Pedja Mijatovic, told a press conference: "We spoke to Schuster this morning about all the difficulties over the past few months.

"We came to the mutual agreement to take this decision. He took the decision well.

Amicable
"I have to take the opportunity to thank Bernd Schuster for the work he did at Real Madrid. He did an excellent job last season to win the title and the Spanish Supercopa."

Madrid have been rocked by poor performances and problems behind the scenes in recent weeks and morale hit a new low on Sunday when the champions were beaten at home by Sevilla after coming back from two goals down.

Instead of issuing a rallying cry, Schuster attempted to play some unconvincing mind games and stated that his team would not be able to win 'el Clasico' this weekend at Camp Nou, a game that can be seen live on Sky Sports 1.

Ramos has been out of football since being sacked by Spurs in October and while his work may not have been appreciated in North London, his stock in Spain is still high.

The Spanish giants have initially handed Ramos a six-month deal.

He said: "I would like to thank the board for their confidence - I face this job with excitement. It's everybody's dream.

"I hope I don't let anyone down and that I achieve the successes that this club has set for this season."

Excited
Ramos added that both he and the club have the option to extend their association beyond the end of the season.

"In most of my previous jobs I have had short contracts," he continued. "We came to a quick agreement and I'm delighted. If I'm happy at the end of the season then I might extend the contract.

"Both sides are free to see what happens."

Ramos' first task will be to face in-form Barca at the weekend, but he insists the match should be treated like any other.

"You have to confront every game with the will to win. They are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Barca are playing excellent football and doing well, but Real Madrid have the character and prestige to face any club in any stadium in the world."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down