Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Arsenal's fancy dress charity day

Go down

Arsenal's fancy dress charity day

Post by Quiver on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:34 am

Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott, Andrey Arshavin and Bacary Sagna swapped football kit for furry animal suits this week for a charity advert.

They dressed up in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity - Arsenal players will give a day's wages as the club seeks to raise £500,000.

They were filmed on the streets of London with boss Arsene Wenger and four patients while trying to raise money.

"I encourage all supporters to give what they can," said Cesc Fabregas.

Arsenal have dedicated 29 November, when they play Chelsea at the Emirates Stadium, for fundraising.

Gunners captain Fabregas added: "I visited Great Ormond Street Hospital back in August so I know what this means to the charity and the patients.

"This advert is a bit of fun for the players and we hope supporters enjoy it, but there is a very real message in it about helping this hospital. We hope to raise lots of money for this worthwhile cause."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he was struck by the "strength and courage" shown by Great Ormond Street patients.

"We understand the importance of helping to improve the facilities at the hospital and we're encouraging all Arsenal fans to help in whatever way they can," he said.

The short film can be seen on www.beagoonerbeagiver.org.

Win Lose or Tie, I'll be a Gunner till the day I Die !!!!!

Wreck'em Tech

Go Gators
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down