Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gibbs - Our technical level has improved

Go down

Gibbs - Our technical level has improved Empty Gibbs - Our technical level has improved

Post by Fabregas04 Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:37 am

Kieran Gibbs believes that English players are closing the gap on their foreign counterparts when it comes to technical ability.

For many years homegrown footballers have been lauded for their strength and stamina but not their passing ability. England was big on graft but the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Spain had the edge on craft.

But Gibbs thinks improved coaching methods in England - not least at Arsenal - are helping young footballers to bridge that gap. The 19-year-old is part of a new generation of English talent and he can see a definite improvement in technique among his peers.

"I think it is changing," Gibbs told Arsenal.com. "There is a new angle coming into the way we are taught to play, especially here at Arsenal.

"You always learn first how to play the game technically and the coaches and everyone else at Arsenal really help you with that.

"It's quite hard to get my head around the fact I am now playing in the first team but I couldn't have done anything without the coaching. It is all credit to them."

Gibbs was speaking during a visit to the Arsenal academy at Hale End where he spent two of his formative football years. The England Under-21 international is one of the academy's star graduates and he hopes that his emergence is just the tip of the iceberg.

"Hale End is where the English talent develops at Arsenal," explained Gibbs.

"Not just me, there are loads of players coming through. Jack Wilshere of course, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Henri Lansbury and there are many others coming through.

"It is a good place for the young English players to learn their trade."
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down