Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal Fully Deserved To Beat Liverpool

Go down

Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal Fully Deserved To Beat Liverpool

Post by arsenal27 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:27 am

Welsh wizard delighted with win...

Arsenal starlet Aaron Ramsey has said he has no doubts that the best team won after the Gunners defeated Liverpool 2-1 on Wednesday evening to move into the League Cup quarter-finals.

The 18-year-old was handed a rare start as the Gunners secured victory at the Emirates Stadium thanks to goals from Fran Merida and Nicklas Bendtner.

Ramsey feels Arsenal were comfortably the better side and that Rafael Benitez’s visitors struggled to cope with the hosts’ attacking play.

“I don’t think there is any doubt that the best team won,” the Wales international midfielder said to Sky Sports. “We played some great football at times and showed what we could do.

“We got the ball down and passed it and at times they couldn’t live with us, which was proven in the build-up to the two goals.

“It was a great performance from the lads and a well-deserved win. We believe in getting the ball down and playing football the way we do.

“Arsene Wenger encourages that right through the youth systems and you can see tonight that some of the youngsters coming in play in exactly the same way as the first-team do – that can only be a good thing for Arsenal.”

Ramsey continued by assessing Arsenal’s chances of securing silverware for the first time in five seasons in this campaign.

He added: “We’re taking it one game at a time for the moment, but as a team we do believe that we can achieve great things.

“Like any other players we want to win trophies, so hopefully we can do that this year.”

Male
Pisces
Number of posts : 132

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Zidane, Ronaldhino, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Figo ... the list goes on!

Back to top Go down