Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geovanni agrees new Hull contract

2 posters

Go down

Geovanni agrees new Hull contract Empty Geovanni agrees new Hull contract

Post by Fabregas04 Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:48 am

Midfielder Geovanni has signed a new two-year contract with Hull City.

The Brazilian, 29, joined Hull on a free transfer from Manchester City in July 2008 and quickly became a favourite among Tigers fans.

Geovanni, who helped Hull stay up in their first season in the Premier League, has scored 10 goals in 44 appearances, including two this season.

"It's fantastic, great news for me and great news for the club," said Hull boss Phil Brown.

Geovanni and Brown have had their differences in the past, with the playmaker reacting angrily to being substituted against Blackburn last season.

"He has committed for another two years and, who knows, maybe further," added Brown.

"Maybe that could be a catalyst. He was a big player for us last year with eight goals and a number of assists. I'm not just happy with his form, I'm happy with his work-rate.

"He has certainly shown me that he has learnt the English way, the game we play it. He has fitted in very nicely this year."

Geovanni served notice of his talent to the rest of the Premier League with a memorable 30-yard strike to equalise against Arsenal last September in Hull's 2-1 win.

Hull are currently second from bottom in the Premier League.
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Geovanni agrees new Hull contract Empty Re: Geovanni agrees new Hull contract

Post by Quiver Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:10 am

He is their best player IMO.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full