Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans Have Forgiven Me, Says Ronaldo

Go down

Fans Have Forgiven Me, Says Ronaldo Empty Fans Have Forgiven Me, Says Ronaldo

Post by Fabregas04 Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:46 am

Cristiano Ronaldo has thanked the Manchester United fans for forgetting his summer antics and focusing on the good things he has done - and may continue to do - during his time at the club...

Ronaldo was at the centre of this year's biggest transfer (or perhaps non-transfer) saga, as Real Madrid made it their mission to sign the Portuguese ace.

The 23-year-old made no secret of his desire to join the Spanish giants, and at one point it seemed there was no turning back as his ties at Old Trafford were hanging by a thread.

However, as Sir Alex Ferguson refused to offload a player who has amassed 42 goals during the previous season, no move eventuated and Ronaldo was stuck with the Red Devils.

The former Sporting Lisbon winger missed the first few weeks of the season after undergoing ankle surgery in July, and many commentators were curious as to how the United faithful would react when he eventually returned to action.

Ronaldo himself was also anxious ahead of his comeback game against Villarreal in the Champions League, but he was overjoyed at the reception he received.

"In the game when I came back against Villarreal I wasn’t nervous but just a bit excited to see how the fans would react to me," he told The Sun.

"Thank God things went well. This shows people have not forgotten all the good things we’ve done together and I’m very happy with that."

Real Madrid have recommenced their pursuit of Ronaldo, with coach Bernd Schuster saying in the press this week that he is confident of landing his catch next summer.

But, for the time being at least, Ronaldo is concentrating on reproducing last season's form and helping United defend their Premier League and Champions League crowns.

"Things are going pretty well," he added. "I’d love a repeat of last season and continue to show some good progression."
Fabregas04
Fabregas04
NewsBoy
NewsBoy

Male
Scorpio
Number of posts : 243

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Dennis Bergkamp, Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Allesandro Nesta.

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down