Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss

3 posters

Go down

Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss Empty Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss

Post by enigma Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:28 am

Chelsea have confirmed Carlo Ancelotti as their new manager.

Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss CarloAncelotti_2311270

The Italian has signed a three-year contract to succeed Guus Hiddink, whose short stint in charge ended after Saturday's FA Cup final victory over Everton.

Ancelotti left AC Milan on Sunday after eight years at the San Siro, during which time he won two Champions League titles, the Serie A title, the Italian Cup and the Club World Cup.

The 49-year-old was also a successful player with both Roma and Milan, winning a total of two European Cups and three league titles.

A Chelsea statement read: "Carlo was the outstanding candidate for the job. He has proved over a long period his ability to build teams that challenged for, and have been successful in, major domestic and European competitions.

"He also had a highly successful playing career in those competitions and therefore brings unparalleled all round experience to the job.

"We are sure everybody at Chelsea will give him a warm welcome and we are all looking forward to working with him."

Ancelotti takes charge on July 1 and will become Chelsea's fifth manager in less than two years following Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Hiddink.

He told Chelsea TV: "Milan for me was a great experience. For five years I played with a great team - we had a lot of success - and eight years to train a great team.

"Now I think it is time to change and Chelsea for me was a great opportunity, a great team.

"Now I think it is the right moment for a new challenge and I want to put all my energy for Chelsea."

Ancelotti will be charged with replicating his past European successes at Chelsea while also re-establishing the club on top of the Premier League.

The Champions League title is the only trophy Chelsea have not won since Roman Abramovich took over at Stamford Bridge.

"There will be the same pressure because Chelsea are a great team in Europe," Ancelotti added. "They want to win all the competitions.

"For me the Champions League is a beautiful sensation. When I played I won it two times, it was a fantastic moment and the same thing when I was a coach in Milan.

"The Champions League for me is the best competition in the world."

But there are question marks over Ancelotti, not least over his lack of fluent English, given the problems that appeared to bring when Scolari was in charge.

And while Ancelotti delivered success for Milan on the European stage he did only manage one league title in eight seasons.

This year, Milan finished 10 points off the pace as Mourinho guided Inter to the Serie A title.

Ancelotti said: "For me (English) is not easy but I want to learn and I want to improve.

"I have the time and when we start the season I will speak well. It is important for me to speak with the players, the team, the assistant and all the operators that will work with me."

Hiddink, the Russia national coach who was hired on a temporary basis after Scolari's departure in February, has urged the Chelsea hierarchy to allow the new man time.

"This club needs the next manager to stay for a long while," Hiddink said before Ancelotti's appointment. "He needs to have a foundation."
enigma
enigma

Male
Aries
Number of posts : 114

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://twitter.com/rinesh

Back to top Go down

Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss Empty Re: Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss

Post by enigma Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am

Carlo Ancelotti factfile

1959: Born in Reggiolo, Italy on June 10.

1976: Begins professional playing career with Parma.

1979: Joins Roma.

1980: Wins Coppa Italia with the Giallorossi, who go on to win the trophy again in 1981, 1984 and 1986.

1983: Part of the Roma side that wins the Serie A title.

1984: Does not feature as Roma lose to Liverpool on penalties in the European Cup final on their home ground.

1987: Joins AC Milan.

1988: Milan win the domestic title in Ancelotti's first season at San Siro.

1989: Part of the Milan side which wins the European Cup, beating Steaua Bucharest 4-0 in the final.

1990: Milan retain European title with a 1-0 win over Benfica. Ancelotti is part of the Italy squad for the 1990 World Cup on home soil, where they lose in the semi-finals to Argentina.

1992: The Rossoneri win the Italian league title. Ancelotti retires from playing.

1995-96: Takes up his first coaching post with Serie B side Reggiana. Leads the side to promotion to the top flight, before leaving to join Parma.

1996-97: Leads Parma to second place in Serie A.

1998: Appointed manager of Juventus.

2001: After a fifth-place finish in his first season at the Stadio delle Alpi, steers Juve to consecutive second-place finishes in 1999-2000 and 2000-01.

2001: November - Appointed manager of AC Milan, succeeding Fatih Terim who was sacked after five months at the helm.

Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss AncelottiAllMilan

2003: Manages Milan to Champions League glory as they beat Juventus on penalties in the final at Old Trafford.

2004: Leads Milan to Serie A title.

2005: Suffers major disappointment as Milan let a 3-0 lead slip to be pegged back to 3-3 by Liverpool in the Champions League final in Istanbul. The Reds win on penalties.

2006-07: Milan begin the season docked eight points for their part in the 'calciopoli' match-fixing scandal.

2007: Gains his revenge on Rafael Benitez as Milan beat Liverpool 2-1 in the Champions League final in Athens.

2008: Pressure mounts on Ancelotti as Milan bow out of the Champions League in the last 16 to Arsenal and fail to finish in the top four of Serie A to miss out on Champions League qualification for the 2008-09 season.

2008: May - Milan rebuff a reported approach from Chelsea to talk to Ancelotti about succeeding Avram Grant.

2009: May 31 - After overseeing a 2-0 Serie A win over Fiorentina which guaranteed Milan's place in the Champions League group stages, Ancelotti confirms his contract with the club has been mutually terminated. He denies, however, that he has agreed a deal with Chelsea.

June 1 - Confirmed as new Chelsea manager on a three-year contract.
enigma
enigma

Male
Aries
Number of posts : 114

http://twitter.com/rinesh

Back to top Go down

Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss Empty Re: Ancelotti confirmed as Chelsea Boss

Post by Chelsea FC Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:31 am

Good decision from Chelsea. Of course I would of liked to have seen Guus Hiddink stay on, but that didn't happen. But I think Ancelotti will do very well, he has plenty of experience. Good luck Carlo!
Chelsea FC
Chelsea FC

Number of posts : 85
Favorite Players : Chelsea FC Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiver Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Yes he has a lot of experience. I think he would do allright for chelsea for the fact that, at chelsea they expect to win all trophies or you are sacked.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum