Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Andrey Arshavin: I'm At Arsenal For Life

Go down

Andrey Arshavin: I'm At Arsenal For Life

Post by Quiver on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:57 am

The Russian playmaking forward has today told the press how he wants to stay in north London until he quits football altogether.

Arsenal's club record purchase Andrey Arshavin - bought at the end of the winter window for a £16.5 million fee - is intent on paying the club back through loyalty, as he has today declared that he wants to remain a Gunner until he hangs up his cleats once and for all.

The Russian forward - who has had an exemplary start to his Arsenal campaign with his forthright attitude on the field of play already responsible for eight goals (two his own, and six assists) - is quoted by the Daily Mail as saying that he hopes to have a direct involvement with the future successes of the club, and aims to be around for a long time yet.
He said, "At Arsenal I feel at home. I like everything here - the friendly team, a wise and experienced manager, and fantastic fans. I won't leave the club for any money. That we are fourth in the Premier League is an achievement of the whole of the team - not my own. I hope my real successes with Arsenal are still to come."

Meanwhile, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes his side can continue their fantastic form. The north London side play Wigan Athletic at the weekend, and the Frenchman will likely rest a few stars as his team then face Villarreal in the concluding leg in the Champions League quarter-final, as well as a semi-final against Chelsea in the FA Cup.

Wenger, though, will have to make do without key defender and former captain William Gallas, who will miss the run in due to an injury sustained to his knee ligament.

"It is something you don't want to talk about. My experience from France is that they always talk about fatigue. When you talk about it you are tired," Wenger said. "The mysterious nature of football means that on any day the team can look flat as a unit. Even if you are rested sometimes you can look tired because we don't really master how our body turns up.

"But these players are prepared to cope with that physical tiredness and you can rotate your squad." he concluded.

Win Lose or Tie, I'll be a Gunner till the day I Die !!!!!

Wreck'em Tech

Go Gators
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrey Arshavin: I'm At Arsenal For Life

Post by Chelsea FC on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:54 am

That's good news for Arsenal, he will turn out to be a great signing hopefully for them.
Chelsea FC

Number of posts : 85
Favorite Players : Chelsea FC Team

Back to top Go down

Post by overmars on Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:35 pm

That's great news although I had my doubts about him, he adapted well to the Premier League Very Happy
overmars

Male
Taurus
Number of posts : 12

Favorite Players : Thierry Henry, Francesc Fabregas, Andrei Arshavin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiver on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 am

overmars wrote:That's great news although I had my doubts about him, he adapted well to the Premier League Very Happy
So did i, i too had doubts. Glad to see you post.

Win Lose or Tie, I'll be a Gunner till the day I Die !!!!!

Wreck'em Tech

Go Gators
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down