Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferguson stokes up Benitez rift

Go down

Ferguson stokes up Benitez rift Empty Ferguson stokes up Benitez rift

Post by Quiver Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:54 am

Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned why Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez found it necessary to talk about the Scot ahead of Chelsea's 3-1 Champions League win.

The two men have been verbally sparring since January when Benitez spoke out about Ferguson's treatment of referees.

And Benitez reignited the war of words on Tuesday when he claimed Ferguson was running scared of Liverpool.

Ferguson said: "The interesting thing is Rafa's got a European tie coming up and he's is talking about me."

The United manager was speaking on Friday, ahead of the Premier League leaders' visit to Sunderland.

"That's fantastic. I didn't know I was that important," added Ferguson.

Asked another question about Benitez, Ferguson smiled and said simply: "I have no further comment to make."

Ferguson, whose side lead Liverpool by a point with a game in hand, insisted there was nothing wrong in managers talking about rival clubs.

"If you ask me a question about other teams, I give you an opinion," he said.

"Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was talking about Manchester United a couple of weeks ago.

"He was asked a question and I had to dampen down what he said - that United were the new untouchables - because I knew all the dangers of it.

"But it was a fair answer at the time, given the way people looked at our club a few weeks ago."

And Ferguson suggested that Chelsea's Champions League midweek victory would have given Guus Hiddink's side a real boost.

"Chelsea will be very buoyed up now. That is what happens when you get a really important result. And that was a good performance."
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down