Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arsenal Gooners
Welcome Guest to Arsenal Gooners. Please register on this site to discuss about current issues related to Arsenal or any other club. We welcome members who support other clubs to join us as well.

Hope you enjoy our site. Smile

ArsenalGooners Staff
Arsenal Gooners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric Cantona: I Will Manage Manchester United Or No-One

Go down

Eric Cantona: I Will Manage Manchester United Or No-One Empty Eric Cantona: I Will Manage Manchester United Or No-One

Post by Quiver Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:01 am

One of the most gifted foreign players to grace the Premier League has declared that he will manage the Old Trafford club or he will simply not manage at senior level at all.

Eric Cantona, one of the all-time great Premier League players, has declared that he would love to return to England in a managerial capacity. But although he has expressed his desire to coach, the 42-year-old has stressed that he will either take up a position at his former club Manchester United or he simply not go into management at all.

“I think I have to work with great players,” declared Cantona to Canal+. “Take [Diego] Maradona as the perfect example. At club level he won two games from 25 but, as Argentina coach, he is in his place and results prove it.”

Maradona may have a perfect record with the Albiceleste, but he has only taken charge of two games. One of those was an impressive 2-1 success over France, whose shirt Cantona donned 45 times before, somewhat characteristically, falling out with the establishment.

A free-spirit, the Parisian retired from the game aged just 31, and has typically stated his thoughts on the Old Trafford role in a somewhat cryptic manner.

“I don’t know if I’m the right [man for the job] but, if I become a professional football coach, it will be as an artist,” Cantona, who was known as ‘King Eric’ during his five-year stint at Old Trafford, which lasted from 1992 until 1997, said.

At present, the former Auxerre, Olympique de Marseille, Nimes and Leeds United midfielder is coaching the French beach football side and continues to take a participatory interest in the arts.
Quiver
Quiver
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 610

Warning Level : Full
Favorite Players : Arsenal Team

http://www.arsenalgooners.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum